Friday, February 24, 2012

Pros and Cons of shaving with conditioner vs. gel or cream

So I have a confession to make. ... I typically do not wash my hair every day. I just can't be bothered, I have a baby to take care of, and drying my hair adds an extra 20 minutes to my shower, which I've found that I can avoid by only washing every other day, and using spray in dry shampoo on my days off from washing. And I love it. It saves me so much time. So, sometimes I will shampoo and repeat. Not usually if it's only been a day since my last wash. But if it's been two, then I'll shampoo twice. This makes for a conditioner surplus, as I usually like for my shampoo and conditioner to match up, and I do switch around a bit. So I decided to try conditioner as a shave gel, as you've probably read somewhere. Here are my thoughts... Pros: You don't wast product. Super smooth glide. You can see the hairs through the product, unlike when using shave gel or cream. This means you won't miss spots by accident. LOVE THIS. One less product you need to keep track of and buy. (As a mom, this can be a big deal. I now hate needing to run to the store for just one item.) Cons: No lather (I like the novelty.) More drying of the skin (I needed two layers of lotion after my shower, whereas usually with shave gel, I don't feel skin tightening even before I put my usual one layer of lotion on.) VERDICT: I'll use my any extra conditioner that I have laying around that does not have parabens. I am not sold on the idea permanently yet, but I've only tried it for two weeks and so there's still room for changing my mind. In any case, I have enough extra conditioner to do this for at least a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment